Going on a trip whether it’s short or long, is best shared with a travel mate that understand you. Any friend would not always be your travel partner. The best travel mate is someone who has the same travel spirit as you. However, if you’re traveling solo and you yearn that closeness of a friendship I suggest you look out for this criterion that might fit for your travel mate.
Their budget is similar to yours
You know you meet an awesome travel mate when they have a budget plan similar to yours. It is so easy to travel with them because you are aware of their expectations and the idea of traveling is close to you. Getaway from the awkward feeling when you’re planning to eat from the food truck, but your travel mate prefers a silver plate.
They respect you
Respect is huge when it comes to traveling. Everybody comes from different background and culture. Hence, privacy matters!
They know how to have fun
A good travel mate is someone who knows to have fun. They’re outgoing. Even though not all travel partner will share the same “frequency” as you but finding one that pushes you to take more bold action and always keep pushing.
You never run out of topic
The best part of having a travel mate is whatever condition you are both in; there’s always something to talk about. Any silly things is important!
Or..it feels alright to just stay in silence
There are times when you’re tired and want to be alone, but you’re stuck with your travel mate. When you’re comfortable being near them without having to chat this is a good indicator that you have found your travel mate.
They have similar plan trip like you
In some ways, you have the same idea what is a perfect trip. If laying on the beach and have a slow day is what you’re looking for, then a city-trotter won’t be happy lazing around.
Well, mostly everyone would want to try the exotic food from a foreign country. A perfect travel mate is when they know the hidden gem. With the hot steamy dumplings, the perfect crepes they found, or only try different delicatessen from the food market.
They laugh a lot
A good travel mate is when they have a good sense of humor. They know when to change a bad experience into a good one by just giggling from it
..And they still laugh a lot when bad things happen
There’s always something wrong bound to happen when you travel and a crazy laugh sometimes the only thing that can solve it.
They understand your obsession with social media
Those Likes and Love from your travel mate shows that they know what is it like to travel. Throwback moment post on Instagram / Facebook can make you smile.
They want to know everything. Where’s the hidden gem in the city? They would try to find the most interesting and make sure it would become an incredible memory together.
You feel ok with spending 24 hours together
Sometimes when you tired of being with everybody and just need a “me” time but you have to deal with your travel mate argument is very annoying. Having very different opinion does make your travel mate the least favorite person on earth. After all the difficulties, discussion, and frustration, you still won’t mind having them as your company.
You have a good chat
Being on the road can be boring. A good topic does not come quickly. Who want’s to keep repeating your story about why you travel? Or the dread of asked again by the question: “so, where are you from?” An awesome travel mate is when you can discuss many topics.
They’re willing to help to take your photo
An advantage of going with your buddy is that you’re 100% guarantee would have a good picture of you. Who needs selfie stick when you got a friend to help out?
Standard challenge all solo traveler would know are asking someone to you’re your photo and adjust your selfie stick, so your photo angle looks natural.
Check out these other bloggers has to say about #UltimateTravelmate:
- Shabrina – 14 Signs You Found The Perfect Travel Mate
- Astin Soekanto – Travelmate, Tak Selalu Harus Bareng Terus Traveling Kemana-mana
- Parahita Satiti – #UltimateTravelmate: Rembulan Indira Soetrisno
- Dea Sihotang – Hindari 7+1 Hal Ini Saat Sedang Ingin Cari Teman Jalan
- Titiw Akmar – 10 Alasan Mengapa Suami Adalah Travelmate Terbaik
- Mas Edy Masrur – Istriku Travelmate-ku
- Olive Bendon – My Guardian Angel
- Leo Anthony – Travelmate(s), It’s Our Journey
- Indri Juwono – Si Pelari Selfie, sebut saja namanya Adie
- Rembulan Indira – Ultimate Travelmate : Kakatete
- Karnadi Lim – Teman Perjalananku dan Kisahnya
- Rey Maulana – Ke Mana Lagi Kita Berjalan, Kawan?
- Atrasina Adlina – Menjelajah Sebagian Ambon Bareng Bule Gila
- Richo Sinaga – My Travelmate, Pria Berjenggot dengan Followers 380K
- Puspa Siagian – Travelmate : GIGA
- Sutiknyo Tekno Bolang – Mbok Jas Teman Perjalanan Terbaik
- Taufan Gio – Travelmate Drama, Apa Kamu Salah Satunya?
- Lenny Lim – 3 Hal Tentang Travel-Mate
- Matius Nugroho – 3 Host, 3 Negara, 3 Cerita
- Wisnu Yuwandono – Teman Menapaki Perjalanan Hidup
- Fahmi Anhar – Teman Perjalanan Paling Berkesan
- Liza Fathia – Naqiya is My Travelmate
- Imama Insani – Teman Perjalanan